Methi not only play an important role in Kashmiri cuisine but also is good for our health. It plays an important role to increase haemoglobin and blood platelets.
- 1 kg methi leaves (fenugreek).
- 1/2 kg mattar (pea).
- 1 table spoon salt / to taste.
- 1 table spoon mirchi powder (red chilly powder).
- 1/2 table spoon haldi powder (turmeric powder).
- 1/2 tea spoon saunth powder (ginger powder).
- 2 table spoons saunth powder (fennel powder).
- 1/2 table spoon dhania powder (coriander leaves).
- 1/4 hing powder (asafoetida powder).
- 1 tea spoon zeera (cumin seeds).
- 1/4 tea spoon meetha soda (sodium bicarbonate).
- 2 ladles mustard oil.
- 1 table spoon pure ghee.
- Wash the methi three times in ample water.
- keep cooker on full flame, add 1/2 liter of water and meetha soda in it.
- When it starts boiling, put methi in it and cook it for 6-7 whistles.
- Put the methi in a sieve and wash it with fresh water, squeeze the water and mesh it.
- Heat the oil in a cooker, put zeera and fry the mattar for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mirch and haldi along with hing and stir for 1/2 minute.
- Put methi and 100 ml water and keep on low flame for another 3 minutes.
- Now add saunf, saunth, salt and dhania powder.
- Add 2 glasses of water and cook again up to 3 whistles.
- Lift the lid, add ghee and boil for 1 more minute.
- Mattar-methi is ready to serve.