- 1 kg mutton.
- 3/4 kg monji (big round stem of kohlrabies).
- 3 big ladles of mustard oil.
- 3 table spoons mirch powder (red chilly powder).
- 3 table spoon saunf powder (fennel powder).
- 1 tea spoon saunth powder (ginger powder).
- 1 tea spoon zeera (cumin seeds).
- 1/4 tea spoon hing (asafoetida).
- 2 crushed moti ealichi.(black cardamom).
- 1/4 tea spoon crushed kaala zeera (black cumin).
- 2 table spoons salt.
- Peel off the monji, wash and cut them into 4 pieces each. Wash the muttonalso and drain off the excess water.
- Heat oil in a cooker, put mutton and zeera in it and start frying. When the mutton is half fried, put monji pieces and salt in it and fry them together till the mutton is fried properly.
- Turn the stove on low flame, add mirch powder along with hing and stir it till dark red colour appears. Add little water and stir again till the water evaporates. This water is added to get the proper colour.
- Add 2 glasses of water along with saunf powder and saunth powder, mix the contents properly and pressure cook till tender.
- Serve this dish with white boiled rice.