Right from the very beginning, this combination is very famous, easy to prepare and very tasty.
- 1 kg lamb mutton (chest pieces).
- 1 kg fresh shalgum (turnip).
- 1 table spoon haldi powder (turmeric).
- 3 table spoons saunf powder (fennel).
- 1 tea spoon saunth powder (ginger powder).
- 4 crushed moti elaichi (black cardamom).
- 4 half crushed laung (cloves).
- 1 table spoon zeera (cumin).
- 2 table spoons salt / to taste.
- 1/4 tea spoon kala zeera (black cumin).
- 3 ladles mustard oil.
- 1/4 tea spoon hing (asafoetida).
- Wash the mutton and drain off the excess water.
- Peel off the turnip, cut them into four pieces each and wash them.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker put mutton, zeera, salt, hing and start frying.
- When the mutton is half fried add shalgum and fry it further for five minutes.
- Add haldi and stir. Put three glasses of water and add saunf, saunth, laung and moti elaichi.
- As soon as it starts boiling, cover it with lid and pressure cook it till tender.
- Lift the lid and add half crushed kala zeera, boil for another two minutes and serve with hot boiled rice.