- 1 cup rice flour.
- 1/2 kg nadru (lotus stem).
- salt to taste.
- 1 tea spoon zeera (cumin).
- 1/2 tea spoon ajwain (carom seeds).
- 1/2 table spoon mirchi powder (red chilly powder).
- Mustard oil to fry.
- Peel off the nadru and cut them into finger like pieces, soak them in lukewarm water for 10 minutes and wash them again to remove mud if any.
- Make a thick paste of flour with water.
- Mix all the ingredients, except oil, evenly and add nadru pieces in it and mix again in such a way so that all pieces are covered with paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and put the pieces in it to fry. Avoid the sticking of pieces as much as possible.
- When nadir monji are deep fried, take them out of the pan, drain off the excess oil.
- Serve them hot with kehwa and enjoy the snack.