- 1 kg Kashmiri Haaq Saag.
- 3 ladles of mustard oil.
- 1 table spoon salt.
- 2 glasses of water.
- 4-5 saaboot red mirchi (red chilli).
- 1 pinch of hing (asafoetida).
- 2 pinches of meetha soda (sodium bicarbonate).
- Put oil in a pressure cooker and heat it on full flame till smoke starts appearing.
- Remove from the flame for 3 minutes.
- Add two glasses of water, salt, hing and meetha soda to maintain the green colour of the vegetable.
- As soon as it starts boiling, put the vegetable leaves and wait till the whole content starts boiling vigorously.
- Cover the cooker with a lid and cook it upto 6 whistles.
- Remove the flame and the weight at once, to maintain the green colour of vegetable.
- Add saaboot mirchi and boil upto 3 minutes.
- Serve it with hot boiled rice.
- Do not cover the utensil completely after the Kashmiri Haaq has been cooked.
- Since, Kashmiri haaq is a seasonal vegetable, it might not be available throughout the year. In that case you can opt for spinach leaves as well.
If you find this post informative, please share and like it. If you have any questions, you can comment below.