1. 1kg finely minced mutton.
2. 3 ladles of mustard oil.
3. 1.25 table spoons of salt.
5. 2 table spoons saunf powder (fennel powder).
6. ½ table spoon saunth powder (ginger powder).
7. 1 tea spoon garam masala (condiments).
8. 2 table spoons moti elaichi ke dane saaboot (black cardamom seeds).
9. 1 table spoon zeera (cumin).
10. ½ tea spoon hing (asafetida).
11. 2 tej patte (bay leaves).
12. 1 table spoon desi ghee (pure ghee).
13. Coriander or mint to garnish.
1. Put minced mutton in a big bowl. Add salt, mirch powder, saunf powder ( ½ table spoon each), pinch of saunth powder, one ladle mustard oil and two spoons of black cardamom seeds.
2. Mix the contents evenly. Now make mutton balls (round or oval) of about 35-40g each.
3. Take a pan and heat two ladles of oil. Keep it on a low flame and add zeera, hing, and half crushed laung and stir.
4. Now add kashmiri mirch, put about 50ml water and stir continuously to avoid the burning of mirchi till dark red colour appears and the water dries up.
5. Add half glass of water, saunth, saunf, bay leaves, salt and boil it.
6. Put the mutton balls one by one and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
7. Add garam masala and desi ghee and cook for another one minute.
8. Garnish with mint or coriander and serve.