Serve this delicious lamb dish with boiled rice and relish!
- 1 kg lamb mutton cut in 70gm. pieces
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- 1 tbs ghee
- 1/2 cup curd.
- 1/4 tsp asafetida (hing)
- 1/2 tsp cumin (zeera)
- 6-8 pieces of half crushed cloves (laung)
- 2 bay leaves (tej patta)
- 2 tbs kashmiri mirch powder
- 2 tbs fennel powder (saunf)
- 1 tsp dried ginger powder (saaunth)
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 4 cardamom (choti elaichi)
- 2 pcs of cinnamon (dalchini)
- 3 pcs of big cardamom (moti elaichi)
- 1 tbs ghee
- Wash the mutton properly and keep it aside till extra water drains off.
- Put the mustard oil in a big, deep pan and heat it on full flame till the smoke starts coming out. Remove it from the flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the mutton with curd and put it in the pan on a full flame for frying.
- Stir it time to time so that it does not stick to the pan till the liquid produced by the curd dries up.
- Now add hing, salt, zeera, cloves and continue frying on low flame till it turns brown.
- Add mirch powder and stir till deep red colour along with oil appears. Care should be taken so that the mirch powder does not burn. ( for that little quantity of water should be added from time to time.)
- Add two glasses of water and add bay leaves, saunf powder, saunth powder, cinnamon pieces, crushed moti elaichi and stir it again so as to mix the ingredients properly. Cover it with a lid and allow it to cook till tender, on low flame.
- Put garam masala,crushed elaichi and ghee and boil it for two minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve with white boiled rice.
If you relished the heavenly taste of this delicacy, please share this recipe with your friends.
If you have any questions, please feel free to comment on this blog post and I'll try my best to help you out.