- 1/2 kg brinjal.
- 1/2 kg tomato.
- 1 table spoon Kashmiri mirch (red chilly powder).
- 1 table spoon zeera (cumin)
- Salt to taste.
- 300ml Mustard oil.
- Coriander leaves to garnish.
- Wash the vegetables, Wipe the brinjals with a cloth to dry them.
- Cut the brinjals into small pieces and crush the tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry the pieces of brinjal one by one and take them out of the pan in a separate bowl.
- After frying the brinjal, drain out the excess oil from the pan and put it on low flame.
- Put zeera and mirch powder along with 1/2 katori (30ml ) of water in oil and stir it continoulsy to avoid the burning of mirch powder.
- Now add crushed tomato and salt in it and fry till the puree is ready.
- Mix the brinjal and puree along with 50ml of water evenly and cook for two minutes.
- garnish with coriander leaves and serve.