- 1 kg bund gobhi (cabbage).
- 1 table spoon salt or to taste.
- 2 table spoons laal mirchi powder (red chilly powder).
- 1 tea spoon zeera (cumin).
- 1/4 tea spoon hing (asafoetida).
- 4 table spoons imli (tamarind) pulp / juice of three lemons.
- 5 hari mirchi (green chillies).
- 3 big ladles of mustard oil.
- Cut big pieces of bund gobhi and wash thoroughly with fresh water 3-4 times, keep aside to drain off excess water.
- Heat oil in a patila till smoke appears.
- On low flame, put zeera, hing, bandgobhi and salt in patila and stir occasionally till water appears.
- Mix mirchi powder evenly (add 1/2 glass of water if necessary), put hari mirchi in it and cover with a lid with occasional stirring till tender.
- Mix imli pulp or lemon juice and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Chokk bund gobhi is ready to serve with rice or chapatti.