- 1 kg chawal ka aata (rice flour).
- 1 table spoon kashmiri mirch powder (red chilly powder).
- 3/4 table spoon salt.
- 1/4 kg akhrot (walnut).
- 1 table spoon zeera (cumin seeds).
- 1/2 table spoon ajwain (carom seeds).
- 1 table spoon hing paani (liquid asafoetida).
- 300 ml mustard oil.
- 1 tawa (chapatti pan).
- Boil the walnuts for 1 minute, drain off the water and wash them again in fresh water.
- Add walnuts and salt in lukewarm water and mix them well.
- Now put the flour in a basin, add kashmiri mirch, zeera, hing paani and ajwain and mix properly.
- Knead the flour with the mixture of water, walnut and salt till soft dough is prepared.
- Now pick big chunks (about 200g) of dough and make round between the palms.
- Prepare chapatti about 1/2" thick and 6" diameter and put it on pre heated tawa on full flame.
- Bake on both sides, cool it and tear it into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the pieces.
- Serve the snack with tea (kashmiri tea, preferably).