- 1 kg bom chount (apple).
- 1/2 kg wangan (brinjal).
- 2 table spoon mirchi (red chilly powder).
- 2 table spoon sounf (fennel powder).
- 1/2 tea spoon saunth (ginger powder).
- 1 table spoon namak (salt).
- 1 tea spoon garam masala (mixture of ground cinnamon, black cardamom and cloves).
- 1 tea spoon zeera (cumin).
- 1 table spoon mango powder (if apple are sweet).
- Wash the chount and wangan.
- Cut the apple and brinjal into pieces.
- Fry the brinjal and apple in a pan and keep them in a bowl.
- Drain off the excess oil from the pan and add zeera in it
- Put the chilly powder in oil and stir it along with 50ml water till the water evaporates and oil separates.
- Add the fried contents in the pan and mix evenly.
- Add all the ingredients along with 500 ml water and keep on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with boiled rice.
Note: If the apples are already sour, do not add mango powder.